Shingles is caused by a dormant virus known as varicella zoster, which is present in the body of those of us who had chicken pox. Shingles usually occurs in adults after the age of 45 but cases have been registered in younger adults. The disease manifests itself through red little groups of blisters like a rash only on one side of the body. Shingles is very painful and, if not treated immediately, it attacks the nerves of the body.
QuickTip: Shingles pain relief can also be found through painkillers prescribed by your doctor and if the pain is acute injections directly to the spine. Shingles attacks the nervous system and in some people the pain may last years after the disease has been treated.
The typical symptoms of shingles are vague at first, such as numbness, tingling and/or itching and, within couple of days; you will have the rashes appear along with the pain, which yet again can be mistaken for several other conditions depending on the part of the body that is affected.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Natural Shingles Pain Relief
Tip: The typical symptoms of shingles are vague at first, such as numbness, tingling and/or itching and, within couple of days; you will have the rashes appear along with the pain, which yet again can be mistaken for several other conditions depending on the part of the body that is affected.
Treating shingles is usually done with antibiotics such as, aciclovir (Zovirax, valaciclovir (Valtrex) and/or famciclovir (Famvir). One needs to however consult the doctor immediately and follow his or her prescription, as it may differ from person to person depending on your present state of health.
Helpful TipTreating shingles pain relief may or may not always come from these drugs and at times separate measure may need to be applied to provide temporary relief. A relatively new way to get shingles pain relief is through the Lidoderm patch, which contains lidocaine and treats the pain from the tips of the nerves providing relief fast.
Shingles pain relief can also be found through painkillers prescribed by your doctor and if the pain is acute injections directly to the spine. Shingles attacks the nervous system and in some people the pain may last years after the disease has been treated.
There are also natural ways to find shingles pain relief found in herbs, aromatherapies that work directly on your nervous system and acupuncture. Many elderly patients have approached natural shingles pain relief such as acupuncture due to the fact that it does not have any side effects or because they are already having other medical conditions for which they administer powerful antibiotics.
All medications should be administered only through your doctor’s prescription and never overdose on the painkiller in order to relief pain, as usually that will cause you more damage then benefit. Shingles is a very serious disease that can cause a number of fatal damages to the body’s nervous system and therefore, should be immediately reported to the doctor as the sooner you start the treatment the sooner you are likely to get relief.
Prevention is better then cure and it is possible today with the availability of the chicken pox vaccine. Even though it is not entirely impossible that those who get the chickenpox vaccine will not have shingles, it is a step worth taking to prevent that pain and damage shingles brings.
Hint: The disease manifests itself through red little groups of blisters like a rash only on one side of the body.
- Topical Pain ReliefIf you are one of the many adults in this country who is suffering from chronic pain, relief from your symptoms is an important part of maintaining your quality of life. There are many options available today in pain relief, from over-the-counter and prescription medications, to natural remedies like herbs and massage. Another form of pain relief that has gained popularity in recent years is the introduction of topical pain relief.
- Tooth Pain ReliefTooth pain usually occurs when one has cavities that have reached the nerve of the tooth and/or has become infected. There are other causes also, but this is one of the most common of all. When this occurs, the treatment would depend upon the diagnosis of the doctor – often your pain would end with having the tooth extracted. However, until you reach the doctor you will need to control the pain.
- Pain Relief For Canker SoreMouth sores on the inside of your cheeks, lips, gums and under the tongue in the form of red blisters, often with a white coating over them, are known as canker sores. The exact cause of canker sores is still unknown but scientists believe that it is due to poor diet, stress and/or hormonal imbalances. Canker sores usually occur in women in their 20’s but other people can get them, too; they are not contagious but often can be painful.
- Tense Pain ReliefAs Americans, people are constantly under pressure whether it comes from the job or the spouse, or even the kids. Being tense all day will eventually cause some medical problems such as high blood pressure and muscle pain in many parts of ones body. Finding tense pain relief can be found in many forms, both good and some not so good. Many people deal with tense pain relief with alcohol.
- Pain Relief ProductsIf you are one of the many who suffer from chronic pain, you understand the importance of finding effective pain relief. Left untreated, chronic pain can impact your quality of life mentally and emotionally, as well as physically. The good news is that there are many options available in pain relief products today. You don’t need to travel any farther than your neighborhood grocer or pharmacy to find a plethora of available pain relief products that you can try at home.
- Pain Relief PatchWith more and more adults today suffering from short-term and chronic pain of one type or another, convenience and portability have become the buzzwords for pharmaceutical marketers today. Not only does the general public want to be able to take pain relief on the go, they want it to be easy and quick to apply and offer effective relief from the discomfort. Hence the birth of the pain relief patch, which can offer many types of pain therapies that can simply be applied to the skin and left for the recommended time.